Dental Medical Emergency training sessions are tailored specifically towards the dental practice.
Your course will be taught by a health care professional. They will provide you and your staff with an enjoyable learning experience, as well as offering a wealth of knowledge from hands on experience. Thus giving you confidence, should you ever be faced with a medical emergency.
This course covers:
- Patient assessment, using the systematic A to E approach.
- Causes of Cardiac Arrest
- Oxygen administration in accordance with the British Thoracic Society (BTS) guidelines.
- Use of Emergency medical equipment.
- Drug administration in accordance to the British Drug Formulary.
- CPR and AED.
- Medical Emergency Scenarios.
Who Is this course aimed at?
Anyone who works in a Dental Surgery. Dentist, Hygienist, Dental Nurses, Reception Staff.
Number of candidates.
This course can accommodate unto 12 candidates per instructor.
General Dental Council (GDC) stipulates that as part of your CPD, a mandatory 10 hours of training should be dedicated to Medical Emergency training. This can be divided over a 5 year period into annual 2hour CPD training sessions.