Training for GP surgeries and Dental Practices
We offer First Aid Training that is suitable for both GP surgeries and Dental Practices.
The General Dental Council (GDC) stipulates that as part of your CPD a mandatory 10 hours of training should be dedicated to Medical Emergencies. This can be divided over a 5 year period.
This course covers:
- Patient assessment, using the systematic A to E approach.
- Oxygen administration in accordance with the British Thoracic Society (BTS) guidelines.
- Medical equipment.
- Drug administration in accordance to the British Drug Formulary.
- Basic Life Support and AED.
- Medical Emergency Scenarios.
BLS training for GP surgeries and its staff
It is recommended that all staff in GP surgeries and Health centres, both medical and non-medical, should undergo regular training in resuscitation of both adults and children.
According to Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines, training must be in place to ensure that all clinical staff can undertake cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This course covers
Basic Life Support also incorporating AED into the course to ensure there is a minimum delay in delivery of the first shock once cardiac arrest has been diagnosed.